Sunday, July 20, 2008

Today, I inhaled underwater...on purpose


Finished my scuba certification today. Was very fun and I definitely will be doing more scuba on the trip. I finally feel pretty comfortable underwater breathing and all.

Still a little freaked if I need to take my mask off underwater for some reason. (can't convince my brain that my lungs are not connected to my eyes for some reason...)

But the water was great (warm, clear) the instructor was good (was just me and his assistant for all dives). Fish & coral amazing. We saw moray eels, a sea snake, an octopus, scorpion fish, garden eels, leaf fish, and much more. Nothing "big" though. Still pretty fun. My 2 dives today were both down to 60 feet.

Not sure what to do tomorrow yet. Might leave Phuket for Ko Phi Phi. Might do a sea kayak thing (either as a day trip or a multi day). Or might just stay here and sleep some...

More when i figure it out. Also, will upload the dive photos soon....

-Erik

2 comments:

laurita said...

You're the best! I can't believe you're in Thailand. Can't wait to hear more of your adventures! Keep 'um coming!

Laura

Anonymous said...

Hey Erik,

WONDERFUL postings and pix. Love that you're thoughtful enough to take the time to share your experience with all of us. I got to see my first leaf fish and experience my last grub. Katie's Bday tomorrow, we're still FULL of smoke and hundreds of firefighters down at the bridge, but all under control. Whitewater rafting on Monday, but nothing to compare to your adventures. Love ya, Ba