Monday, July 28, 2008

Sweat

This picture should tell you much about Thailand. Two primary take-aways: (1) it is frickin' hot here. (2) restaurant health codes are, uh, different. This shot is actually from a restaurant I've had 2 very good and very cheap meals in. (I've decided to try to stop saying how much/little i'm paying for things. It's like a Prius owner telling you their millage; no one wants to hear that...). Last night I had the basil and chili chicken. When ask if i wanted "hot or medium" I thought I was making the wise choice in saying medium. It didn't occur to me til later to wonder why mild wasn't a given option. Needless to say, it was extreme. I was able to more of less finish the dish, but I was sweating out of pours that I didn't even know that I had. My lips were sweating. I think my tongue was sweating. (Tongue side note: my laundry soap spilled in my toiletries back the other day and got on lots of stuff. I didn't realized until too late, that one thing it got on was my toothbrush. In case you ever need to know, it appears that laundry soap will make your tongue completely numb for approximately 45 minutes....)

Anyway, I'm about to hop on a fairy for Railay on the mainland. Hopefully the internet is cheaper there than here on the islands. These blogging costs are killing me...Before I go, here is one more picture that i took at a restaurant last night. I'm not sure, but I think this might NOT have just been a joke...

2 comments:

Jakeysmom said...

Jacob likes the idea of being able to eat alongside rabbits.

laurita said...

I almost fell off of my chair laughing at the ladyboy category. I can imagine several possibilities but am still not sure. It doesn't really matter, I suppose. It's funny no matter what s/he is!