Friday, July 25, 2008

Cough...Ack...


Pretty sick now. Just a cold, but now a somewhat nasty one. Felt pretty good yesterday and went scuba diving (which was pretty awesome) but seems as if it might have set me back a bit. Gonna take a little hike to a viewpoint today, but that's about it I think. Probably shouldn't even do that...


The water was pretty rough on the dive (at the surface anyway) thus the visibility was also compromised. "only" 15 meters or so. The water temp here is ridiculous: 84 F! Wow. you really can stay in the water all day. Probably won't be able to dive again here though because of this cold. Darn...


I'm probably here in Koh Phi Phi for 2 more nights, then on a fairy to Krabi/Railay: on the mainland, but another beach spot. A few nights there I might head to a national park for some off the beaten track stuff plus jungle, waterfalls, etc. Then make my way back to Phuket for another night or two before flying to Kuala Lumphor (Malaysia) for a few days then another flight to....Borneo! I think i'm going to opt for a Borneo adventure rather than Sumatra. Sounds a little more exciting and a little easier to get to. More to do, not as many pot-holed roads to get to it. Currently looking at around Aug 8th for the flight to Borneo (I haven't found a flight yet that is more than $100 including taxes!). This will give me almost a month in Borneo plus where ever else I might want to explore fore meeting Katie in Singapore in early Sept.


Ok, that's all I got for now. I've been slowly adding some picts to my picasa account when I find places with good computer connections, so keep looking there....


laters...

No comments: