Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm never coming back...

Well, Ok, I'll probably come back but it will be a long, long time from now. I'm Thailand now and it is just as incredibly amazing as I remembered...ahhh......

The trip has gotten off to a quite a start. Travel was all smooth, but exhausting. The day and 1/2 in Tokyo was great. Noriko picked me up a 9am and dropped me off at 9pm. In between we saw some great stuff all over town (shires, temples, views of the city, Japanese gardens, went on a river boat ride, when to a festival, and more!) , ate wonderful food and I developed 3 blisters on my toes from all the walking. I'll go into more details and post some Tokyo picts (don't have my camera cable on me right now...) later. Was a great side trip though. Noriko was a great guide and really maximized my limited tourist-window.

Yesterday was a travel day (left Tokyo hotel at 5AM, arrived Phuket hotel 7pm). Today is a take-care-of-business day (laundry, call Katie, book Scuba class (I start 4-day class tomorrow), get 2 hour massage, try to figure out cell phone deal, let blog-readers know I made it though might never come back, etc...) My scuba class should fill a decent chunk of the next several days. Looking forward to it. The visibility is suppose to be "OK" (30-40 feet), probably fine for a beginner. Weather is pretty good; generally clear, then dramatic downpours. OK, well, I'm talking about the weather, so maybe I should wrap this up. Just wanted y'all to know I made it. more later when i settle in.

laters...

-erik

3 comments:

Dan Ciruli said...

Right on! Glad you're there, safe and sound. Keep the updates coming.

Anonymous said...

I am also very happy that you have arrived safe and sound, and I look forward to your wonderful pix.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it! Sorry to hear you're never coming back, though. :-)