Monday, September 29, 2008

Looking for office space

Luang Prabang is so nice, that I've decided that this is were I'm going to base my consulting out of. OK, maybe that isn't realistic. (or is it?...I just spent an hour being interviewed via Skype by a company that paid me an ungodly sum as an expert (suckers!) to help when with a marketing study....) But I really do like it here. Am pretty sure that I'm gonna more or less spend the next 10 days here with maybe some 1-2 day side trips in the neighborhood. Leaves alot (almost all actually...) of Laos unexplored, but I'm happy here and it seems like a good point in my trip to start winding down. Planning on flying directly from Luang Prabang to Bangkok where I'll probably spend a few days (and hopefully get a dental check-up from my favorite dentist!) before flying home. So looks like no more 10 hour bus rights for me.

As you can see from the photo, as well as enjoying a croissant, cappuccino, and beautiful Wat view, I'm also still working my way through Walden. I'll dedicate a blog to Walden at some point as it is awesome and a perfect travel read, especially for me at this "transitional" period of my life. He certainly knows how to "enjoy the now" although he also can seem to a bit of a jerk sometimes too. But I'll save the book review for later. I think I'm on pace to finish it, especially if i can make myself lay-low here. That said, I think I might go whitewater rafting tomorrow. sigh...Off to night market and cheap eats now....

-erik

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What, no comments on the last two blogs? I know we're all still reading and missing you. I guess most know you'll be home soon, but not soon enough. We're still enjoying this stuff as much as before, and as tired of you being away as you might be the same of being gone. Have some enjoyable last few days, and have a safe journey home (probably more dangerous than most of your experiences). See ya soon...lv...dad