Sunday, September 7, 2008

Katie's Here!!!

She made it!!! Katie found her way to meet me in Singapore and after a fun 1.5 days there, we are now we are now in Phuket Thailand (and didn't even have to fight our way through any picket lines at the airport!). The weather has been a little crappy (so that's why they call it the "wet season"...), but that doesn't really affect the massages or the eating and drinking, so we are doing fine and having fun. (speaking of which, please excuse the many typos that are certainly in this entry, as we just had a massage and then split a "Phuket Paradise" and then a "Tequila Sunrise" - it's happy hour here now...). Off to Ko Phi Phi tomorrow and hopefully we'll find some sun there. I guess a better near term goal should be that the weather is good enough so that we don't both get sea sick on the ferry to Phi Phi...In Phi Phi, Katie might even try her hand a scuba with me. That'll be fun! Anyway, definitely nice to have Katie here, though I think she is quickly remembering why it hasn't been too hard for her to live without me these past weeks. We're getting along well though and, so far, I've been pretty good about putting the seat down. OK, I think its just about time to go eat again...Later....

-erik (and katie!)

3 comments:

Don't call me white. said...

i am starting to feel envious.

one thing i will say is nice use of the spell check...i haven't seen any misspelled words in these posts. I bet that spelling is a requirement for travel writers.

Anonymous said...

Yay for Katie!

Anonymous said...

Yeh Katie!!
Glad your trip was ok. Thanks for your phone call and picture. I'm dog sitting until the 15th and then Women impressionists on the l6th with Sheri and Barb.
Sounds as if you're having a good time. Have a great time!!
Lots of love, Samia