Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Katie's Gone...


(Author's Note: it is with great restraint that I decided to use this photo instead of the "toilet seat up" photo I took this morning. You're welcome...)
Well, the 2 week intermission from SoliDuding is over now and Katie should be on a flight somewhere over the Pacific now. We did have a nice time together, though Katie was a little travel-frazzled by the end. Her visit I think confirmed what we thought when we planned: (1) it was a very good idea for her to come it the middle of the trip and (2) it was a very good idea that she didn't travel for more than a few weeks. But we had alot of fun - ate good food (alot!), saw beautiful places, swam, slept, etc...

And it really wasn't in the middle of my trip. It was near the end. I only have just over 3 weeks left!! How the hell did that happen? I know it would, but jeez...So here is "the Plan" from here for me:
  • 2 more days chillin' in Thailand

  • fly to Cambodia. A few days in the capital Phenom Phen, then several days in Siem Riep, which is the town new Ankor Wat (the largest religious monument in the world that is suppose to be crazy cool...)
  • fly from Siem Riep to Luang Prabong in Laos on Sept 27. LP is suppose to be an amazing place to be (beautiful, laid back, cheap, great French/Laotian food, etc), which great adventuring around if needed.
  • Fly home on Oct 10th from Bangkok, so some time to figure when and how to get from LP to Bangkok...
OK, maybe that's it for now. Its about 1000 F in this internet cafe and I'm starting to feel faint...
-erik

No comments: