Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy Anniversary Katie!


Today/Yesterday was Katie and my 11 year anniversary! Happy Anniversary Katie!! (All those of you who think I’m a lame husband for only wishing my wife a happy anniversary on my blog, you should know that I actually called too. I even called twice: once on August 16th in Borneo and once on August 16th in California. So there…) (But, yes, I am a lame husband for leaving my wife for 3 months) (She is coming here to celebrate our anniversary though…so that’s something, right?)

Anyway, here in Borneo grows the Rufflesia, the largest flower in the world. There is one in full bloom here were I’m staying and is all roped off from the public to protect it. I was able to convince the gardener to let me into the “forbidden area” to get a picture with the flower for Katie. So here you go Katie: here is the biggest flower in the world for you. Happy Anniversary! Can’t wait to see you! Hurry up because this flower probably isn’t gonna look so good in a couple weeks though…

3 comments:

Jakeysmom said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! The largest flower in the world is pretty cool---not too shabby. Again, thanks for the laugh EP. =)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary from Iowa! Glad you survived the climb and that I didn't read about it until after it was done. Your blog is now connected to family in Iowa. Nice to see Katie's book is ready. Take it easy.

Love Mom and Keith

Anonymous said...

Liking blog, Erik. Work for me. Good time on trip. Hiking. Snake. Monkeys. All good. Home good, too. Drought bad. Mebbe this trip not good for you Engerish.

Two months more. They have consulting lighting engineers? Mebbe need one.

Keep good hiking diving. You come home one day.
Love, Donna Whitmarsh