Wednesday, October 8, 2008

One (more) Night in Bangkok


The last day of the trip. Tomorrow I'm on that 17hr flight, seeing the sun rise twice and somehow arriving only 2 hrs after I leave. Certainly bittersweet having it all come to an end. I am definitely ready to be home: tired, homesick. But also I have had a pretty amazing trip and I hate to see it end. I hope it isn't another 37 years before I get to take a trip like this again.


It's been nice to be in Bangkok again, though I really haven't been too active. Another nice "last place" for me to be because, since I've spent a fair amount of time here before, I don't feel the pressure to "see it all." Just been doing the usual walking around, eating and getting massages. (had 2 hr massages each of the last 2 nights. feel like i've been beaten on, and I guess I have. I normally would skip it tonight, but its my last night be pete-sake, so that doesn't seem like an option!). Today I will do a little site seeing, taking a river boat to my favorite temple (Temple of the Emerald Buddha). And tonight, they are closing the (major) road in front of my hotel for a huge Hindu festival centered around a Hindu temple close-by. So that should be interesting. (Bangkok really is 95+% Buddhist, so this Hindu festival is a bit of a fluke I think...)


Starting to gear up a little for work. I've had a number of conference calls in resent weeks setting stuff up. Even had one paying call for a 1-hr consulting job (that paid me the equivalent of 5 nights in a hotel in Laos!). I have one job solidified that I will be working on literally at the beginning of next week. And the other "big-job" is looking better and better. Have had 3-4 phone "interviews" now and will probably have a face-to-face meeting next week with them in the City, hopefully to finalize.


OK, better get out there and experience the last day. Probably my last blog from Asia, but keep checking in though because I have alot more thoughts/experiences that I'll share from the comfort of my own laptop on my own couch...


See many of you soon!


-erik

3 comments:

Jakeysmom said...

EP,

It's been fun reading your posts. Looking forward to more...

Anonymous said...

thank you for the great blog. i
enjoyed it greatly! ah. clem

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you! You'll be in SF next week eh?